Health and safety
A core value of Engenco Limited is the creation of safe workplaces.
Engenco Limited (Engenco) encourages and supports its Group Companies to create these safe workplaces through the innovative use of safe systems of work and the development of a strong safety culture which commits all employees to work safely and to ensure the safety of others including contractors, visitors and work partners. This can only be achieved by the complete integration of safety into every day activity.
Engenco and its Group Companies are committed to:
- Maintaining a consistent focus on ensuring positive OHS work practices;
- Demonstrating a tangible commitment to developing a safety culture within individual business units and across the industry;
- Ensuring and fostering a culture of communication and cooperation in the implementation of OHS initiatives;
- Using effective consultation and communication arrangements to ensure that management, supervision and OHS consultative committees and other interested parties are aware of their obligations and responsibilities;
- Ensuring that a systematic approach is taken to the identification, management and where possible – elimination of workplace hazards;
- Monitoring, benchmarking and reporting the effectiveness of safety systems and taking the appropriate action as necessary to improve and compare safety performance;
- Ensuring that all legal obligations are met;
- Ensuring ongoing training and development of all personnel concerning their obligations under law and also to ensure gaps in competency are addressed in a timely manner;
- Conducting regular audits of safety procedures to ensure that they remain applicable and effective for managing safety and complying with statutory requirements and regulatory obligations.
Above all, the safety of all people associated with each Group Company is paramount. Engenco Limited encourages this viewpoint and the notion that safety must never be compromised.